Regla, with its sea, its people and its spirituality, celebrates its 330 years this month. This overseas village, whose native name “Guaicanamar” means “facing the sea”, was founded on March 3, 1687. Its history began with the donation of a piece of land from the Marquis Don Pedro Recio de Oquendo to build a hermitage to the Virgin from Regla and the town was growing around the patron saint.
For the reglans everything begins and ends in Yemayá. The white flowers and the promises that are thrown into the water are for her. The devotion for the Virgin in this place is a very particular event that congregates and dresses of blue to its worshipers.